CHEUROPE - Critical Heritage Studies and the Future of Europe_Towards an integrated, interdisciplinary and transnational training model in cultural heritage research and management (EU Marie Sklodowska-Curie actions (MSCA) - Innovative Training Networks (ITN).
15 PhD positions in various fields of cultural heritage research and management.
CHEurope Initial Training Network focuses on developing a new integrated theoretical and methodological framework to enhance the academic and professional training and open future job opportunities in cultural heritage preservation, management and promotion. Bringing together a network of key European academic and non-academic organisations, the project will explore the processes by which heritage is ‘assembled’ through practice-based research in partner institutions that connect students to their future job markets and publics.
CHEurope will train 15 Early Stage Researchers (ESR) under five themes:
1. Theorizing heritage futures in Europe: heritage scenarios - University College London [UK], University Institute of Lisbon (ISCTE-IUL) [PT] (2 PhD positions)
2. Curating the city: trans-disciplinary inheritance/disinheritance processes in urban settings - University of Gothenburg [SE], University of Amsterdam [NL], University of Hasselt [BE], Istituto Beni Culturali Regione Emilia Romagna [IT] (4 PhD positions)
3. Digital heritage: the future role of heritage and archive collections in a digital world - University of Gothenburg, University College London, Consejo Superior de Investigaciones Cientificas [ES], University of Utrecht [NL] (4 PhD positions)
4. Heritage and wellbeing: migration and dislocation - University of Gothenburg, University College London (2 PhD positions)
5. Heritage management and citizen participation in a multi-cultural world - Consejo Superior de Investigaciones Cientificas, University of Amsterdam (3 PhD positions).
For each theme, partner organisations will contribute to the research programme with secondments and on the job training.
Duration of ESR Fellowships: 36 months (the 3 ESR enrolled with University of Gothenburg will be granted a 4th year scholarship, the ESR enrolled with Hasselt University will be granted a 4th year scholarship in a 2 x 2 year scholarship with a mid-term evaluation ).
Start date: April 2017
Closing date for applications: 16 January 2017
For more general information, click HERE.
For more details on all five themes, click HERE.
For more information from the CCHS, click HERE.